Giving back to the warfighter through innovation
Just south of Macon, in the heart of Georgia, Booz Allen’s diverse team of aerospace experts looks after some of the most influential aircraft in the fleet. Their goal? To make sure that airmen can complete their missions and come home. How do they do it? By partnering with the U.S. Air Force at Robins Air Force Base to modernize its aerospace technologies.
“For anyone who wants to be involved with an established system but with the rare opportunity to change it with leading tech from the beginning, Warner Robins is the place to be.” – Christa Jordan, senior lead engineer
Our job is to transform the Air Force’s products and technologies using cloud and other digital technologies to make data more available. To speed smart decisions at the war front, Booz Allen’s digital transformation team leads the development and deployment of a Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS).
“If there’s a drone flying overhead, it can take pictures,” says Christa. “But we still don’t know what’s happening until we get people on the ground to analyze the data. DCGS is the mechanism to do that.”
We’re modernizing our tech using open architecture, leveraging cloud services, and automating processes, while using an agile approach. Collaboration, encouragement, and new tools are enabling larger groups, which had been siloed, to share processes, tools, and techniques—creating a collective ingenuity that solves problems in a diverse way. “We continually improve how we develop software to create efficiencies to improve code quality and get changes into the product faster so we can deliver value back to the mission,” says Joe Nagle, senior lead technologist.
To further help the Air Force go from traditional software, the Booz Allen team also brought on Agile coaches and experts to help adopt digital technology for its newer capabilities.
“It’s a rare opportunity to make transformation with a system that is so important to national security,” says Christa.
Joe emphasizes how he’s helping the Air Force develop more efficiencies. “We’re doing some really fun things,” he says. “It’s about being creative. It’s about knowing what’s out there in the commercial space and what’s within the Air Force community to solve different problems and make the product better.”
A collaborative and innovative work environment is not all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- Experts at the leading edge of artificial intelligence, data science, digital transformation, cybersecurity, health and science, and engineering
- A culture that focuses on diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and support for our employees, including five Business Resource Groups that offer community and meaningful connections
- Upskilling opportunities that provide stability with diversified career opportunities and dedicated funding for professional development and a dedicated career manager guides your career growth
- Mil/Tech Workforce Initiative that empowers service members to find careers as they transition out of the military
- Volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful impact in your community
Come work at the forefront of advanced technology uncovering and solving the emerging challenges of our time.
Change is within reach—and it starts with you.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
SPONSORED CONTENT: This article is written on or behalf of our Sponsor.