Wrangling the secret squirrels in today’s Department of Defense/Intelligence Community recruiting market has its hiring hurdles, but that’s no news to the staffers trying to wrangle these cleared candidates. National security jobs are in flux, but recruiting passive candidates in this industry seems to be the dilemma: could more talent acquisition conferences with government and industry sharing insights be the answer to our recruiting prayers?
CLEARANCEJOBS CONNECT 2021
ClearanceJobs Connect is a first-of-its-kind event bringing together leading recruiters in the national security space for a jam-packed day of networking, learning, and connecting with other professionals working to fill the jobs that safeguard our nation.
Recruiters have been experiencing heavy burn-out and being leveraged to the max while working remotely through a pandemic. ClearanceJobs Connect provided an event that isn’t a job fair – but a full day of strategic and innovative sessions by both government leaders and high level industry knowledge in the national security community and defense industry.
The speaker line-up is stacked with some of the top minds that aim to recruit and retain a cleared workforce to combat our adversaries for generations to come:
- Sherry Van Sloun, Assistant Director for National Intelligence, ODNI: ADNI Van Sloun leads the design, development, and execution of human resources strategies, plans and policies in support of the men and women who serve in national security.
- Amy Butchko, Director of Talent Acquisition Solutions, SAIC: Amy is a fifteen-year government contracting veteran and recruiting leader who leads SAIC’s critical sourcing and recruitment marketing solutions center developing solutions to overcome candidate scarcity problems.
- Evan Lesser, President & Founder, ClearanceJobs: Evan founded ClearanceJobs in 2002 as a direct response to 9/11. He knew from prior roles in national security that recruiting cleared professionals was a huge challenge and potential roadblock to national security.
- Heather Green, Director of the Vetting Risk Operations Center (VROC), DCSA: Director Green manages a diverse office of over 300 personnel security specialists in the oversight of the National Industrial Personnel Security Program (NISP), Department of Defense (DoD) Continuous Evaluation (CE Program) and the Expedited Screening Center (ESC).
- Tommy Weinert, Founder, Mount Indie: Tommy is a DOD/Intel Talent Acquisition advisor and Founder of Mount Indie, a firm based in San Diego focused on helping small to large national security companies reinvent their sourcing strategy.
- JD Williams, Director of Talent Acquisition, GDIT: JD has served in the talent acquisition space for over 15 years. JD focuses on developing cohesive teams and building operating strategies that align with and deliver for the business.
- Lindy Kyzer, Director of Content, ClearanceJobs: Lindy oversees ClearanceJobs news site, social media, and events. Prior to working for ClearanceJobs, Lindy was a Department of Army employee at the Pentagon and the U.S. Army’s first social media manager.
NATIONAL SECURITY RECRUITING INSIGHTS
Stay tuned for insights on effective employer branding, how to improve your candidate response rate, how to recruit the rarest national security talent on the planet, managing ‘The Great Resignation’, and how Trusted Workforce 2.0 will take personnel security to the next level.
ClearanceJobs Connect is an exclusive conference that is the only one of its kind concentrated on security cleared recruiting, and attendees will learn the latest security clearance policies, the most innovative cleared recruiting ideas, and an opportunity to network with fellow secret squirrel recruiters.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for live updates on today’s event.