Online data security is always important to ClearanceJobs. We would like to take a minute to remind you of some important tips:
- Keep your machine up to date with the latest security patches.
- Create a separate email specifically for job hunting, separate from your personal email account.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date anti-virus product installed and running on your machine.
- Avoid using a Social Security number on your resume.
- Don’t provide any non-work related personal information over the phone or online. This includes your hair and eye color, marital status, etc.
- Leave references off of a publicly posted resume.
- Never provide credit card or bank account numbers or related information.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
- Never give out your ClearanceJobs username or password to anyone.
Finally, here are some things ClearanceJobs does and doesn’t do:
- We don’t send out emails with executable or compressed (zipped) files, or attachments other than PDF and Word documents.
- We don’t ask you for your personal financial information in an email, and never ask for credit card information to be sent via email.
- We don’t ask you for your password via phone or email, ever. (You will only be required to enter your password when logging onto ClearanceJobs.com).
- We do electronically sign our email using recognized industry standards, to verify our identity and guard against spoofing.
Also, if you come across questionable job postings or activity on the ClearanceJobs site or if you are approached by someone seeking personal information of the type identified above, please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.