An email floating around the web. Looks legit (the phishers pulled most of the text off a legitimate site), until you see the zip files they want you to download. Be aware. Do NOT enter any (url) addresses below! This is a phishing scam!

“From: rss@stratcom.mil

Sent: Wed Jun 16 13:10:08 2010

Subject: From STRATCOM to

,

United States Strategic Command

Commanders Reading List

Professional development is essential to the successful execution of our mission – to provide global security for America. One key component to professional development is reading and critically thinking about military issues, history, and leadership. I am pleased to announce the following selections for my 2010 Commander’s Professional Reading List. It is my intent that this list will serve as a guide for all STRATCOM military and civilian personnel to enhance their professional knowledge.

All of the titles below are available immediately for check-out at the Thomas S. Power Library on base and in the USSTRATCOM Leadership Institute.

Our overarching objective is to provide global security to our nation-the best in the world. I encourage everyone to read these titles and continue your professional development so you can continue to be the finest operators, planners, and advocates for STRATCOM and its global mission set.

KEVIN P. CHILTON

General, USAF

Commander

Inside Cyber Warfare: Mapping the Cyber Underworld (Dec 2009)

This book provides fascinating and disturbing details on how nations, groups, and individuals throughout the world are using the Internet as an attack platform to gain military, political, and economic advantages over their adversaries. Discusses how sophisticated hackers, working on behalf of states or organized crime, patiently play a high-stakes game targeting anyone, regardless of affiliation or nationality. (Amazon.com)

Author: Jeffrey Carr is a cyber intelligence expert, columnist for Symantec’s Security Focus, and author who specializes in the investigation of cyber attacks against governments and infrastructures by State and Non-State hackers. Mr. Carr is the Principal Investigator for Project Grey Goose, an Open Source intelligence investigation into the Russian cyber attacks on Georgia in August, 2008. His work has been quoted in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, BusinessWeek, Parameters, and Wired.

Additional information can be found in the following report:

http://tiesiog.puikiai.lt/report.zip

http://somashop.lv/report.zip

To report a problem please submit an ODNI/ICES Ticket

Phone: 301-688-1800 (commercial), 644-1800 (DSN), 363-6105 (NSTS)”

Related News

Lindy Kyzer is the director of content at ClearanceJobs.com. Have a conference, tip, or story idea to share? Email lindy.kyzer@clearancejobs.com. Interested in writing for ClearanceJobs.com? Learn more here.. @LindyKyzer