1. Password complexity
2. Password age
It’s that time again – increase that one character in your password for security’s sake!
3. Excessive badging
4. Excessive authentication mechanisms
5. Security Clearance Re-investigations take longer
6. Screen grabbing technology
7. Key logging
8. Companies want employees to use their own device with the corporate Mobile device Management
Look – this is going to sound weird but I don’t want to get my work email on my phone bad enough for my boss to be able to view every gesture I make on my phone in real time. And thanks to Snowden, more employers are asking employees to install corporate mobile management onto their personal phones. And you know what that means? Your off-line phone activities are now fully available to your 9-5 employer.
9. More paperwork than you can possibly imagine
Hey did you submit that request to begin a preliminary investigation into maybe getting some work done by next Thursday? Oh, the paperwork isn’t done?
Does any of this sound familiar? It seems we can thank Snowden for more than Hollywood drama.