Google teamed up with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and created five different certificate programs to fast-track transitioning servicemembers and/or their spouses into high demand growth fields. Courses can be completed in three to six months while learning at your own pace.
five certificate training programs
These five certificate training programs are offered at no cost:
- Digital Marketing & E-commerce
- IT Support
- Data Analytics
- Project Management
- UX Design
1. Digital Marketing & E-commerce
Certificate holders learn how to analyze and process data to identify trends and gain business insights that employers can use to better draw buyers to their products and services. They typically use social media, email, search engines, advertising channels and other online resources to create the insights.
- Entry-Level Salary: $51,000
- Projected Demand: 218,000
- Types of Jobs: Search Engine Optimization Specialist, Paid Search Specialist, Email Marketing Specialist, E-commerce Associate, Media Planner, and Marketing Coordinator
2. IT Support
People trained in IT Support work for both large and small organizations to keep their employer’s computer networks operating at peak performance by learning how to troubleshoot and solve common network problems.
- Entry-Level Salary: $52,000
- Projected Demand: 400,000
- Types of Jobs: IT specialist, Tech support specialist, Systems analyst, Network engineer, Help desk technician, IT support specialist, IT technician, Computer user specialist, IT assistant, and Database Administrator
3. Data Analytics
Certificate holders in this field use a variety of data to identify business trends and make recommendations so that management-level executives can make better informed decisions.
- Entry-Level Salary: $74,000
- Number of job openings: 380,000
- Types of Jobs: Associate data analyst, Junior data scientist, Finance analyst, Operations analyst, Data technician, Business performance analyst, Marketing analyst, Healthcare analyst, and Junior Data Analyst
4. Project Management
With this professional-level certificate, learn how to manage projects efficiently and effectively through the use of a variety of management processes and methods.
- Entry-Level Salary: $73,000
- Number of job openings:479,000
- Types of Jobs: Project coordinator, Project assistant, Operations manager, Operations associate, Program manager, Scrum master, Project associate, Project analyst, Project administrator, Technical project manager, and Project Manager
5. UX Design
With this certificate, learn how to design tools and products that make it not only easier to navigate a website, but also more enjoyable for the users. Part of the curriculum includes conducting usability studies, wireframes and prototypes, and testing designs.
- Entry-Level Salary: $92,000
- Number of job openings: 99,000
- Types of Jobs: UI designer, Interaction designer, Visual designer, Product designer, User Experience (UX) designer
Right now the certificate courses are being offered at these three installations: Camp Pendleton, Fort Drum, and the Naval Station Norfolk. However more installations are planned for the future.
However if you are not near one of the current locations, all of the certificate courses are also offered online – all you need is a computer and internet connectivity.