Military resume samples > Aerospace Engineer resume template
1234 Any Street, Palo Alto, CA 94302 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly-motivated Aerospace Engineer with more than six years of extensive experience in the development, acquisition, integration, interoperability testing, and evaluation of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems. Proven record of managing and executing classified engineering design and development program activities worth $1.2M. Superior ability to identify technical program capabilities, develop and review design plans, and operate systems in a fast-paced production environment supporting Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security operations.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Systems Engineering||Satellite Operations|
|Modeling & Simulation||Research & Development|
|Acquisitions Lifecycle Processes||Validation Reporting|
|Mechanical Engineering||Cost / Schedule / Technical Performance|
|Systems Integration / Communications||Problem Solving / Risk Management|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE PR Date: November 2008
Professional Engineer (PE) License in Mechanical Engineering
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Project Management Institute
LOCKHEED MARTIN, Sunnyvale, CA 2009 – Present
Senior Systems Engineer
- Hand-selected to serve as lead designer for redundant motor driver and controller for five-month long $1.2M classified space mission by supporting multi-system simulation analysis activities including threat technology research and analysis.
- Direct successful National Security Agency systems certification on the C4ISR Guardrail Modernization aerial surveillance and satellite ground station program ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
- Design 10 MHz magnetic chopper isolated gate drive for classified space motor control application and transductor magnetic amplifier dc current sensor.
- Generate worst-case analysis of circuit performance using laboratory verification as well as SABER, Mathematica, and Excel.
- Calculate and compile end-of-life post-radiation performance analysis for classified space single event and total ionizing dose effects of hardware design.
- Performed successful interface with U.S. Coast Guard Integrated Deepwater System Program customers to implement Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) architecture for large-scale UNIX client server enterprise management system in order to gather intelligence data onboard vessels, aircraft, and command and control centers.
- Utilize Mentor Graphics Design Architect CAD for both hardware design and SABER analysis, specified and guided design of digital control and software using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), Digital-to-Analog (DAC), and Analog-to-Digital (ADC), and validated control system design using MATLAB.
GENERAL DYNAMICS ADVANCED INFORMATION SYSTEMS, Santa Clara, CA 2006 – 2009
- Directed planning and procurement for $170K capital Independent Research & Development (IR&D) custom motor controls project equipped with Matlab/Simulink using RealTime Workshop (RTW) in order to embed dSPACE systems.
- Served as Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) lead for Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC) Towed Artillery Digitization program, managing a fully integrated global positioning and vehicle motion sensor system, ultimately increasing speed and efficiency of mission execution.
- Generated over 75 power system architecture trade studies and reported earned value (EVM) progress in order to satisfy varying customer requirements in accordance with rigorous methodology.
- Collaborated with approximately 45 customers and international teams, ensuring 100% compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Developed average models of entire ship’s power distribution system, leading to improved productivity and earning special recognition with stock options.
- Built Electric Drive Control testbed, including designing motor emulator for 6-phase 6,000 hp permanent magnet motor.
- Utilized MATLAB, Simulink, Real-Time Workshop, and dSPACE hardware to design analog interface hardware and digital motor controller.
CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY, San Luis Obispo, CA
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, Simulink, RealTime Workshop, dSPACE hardware, FPGA, DAC, ADC, AutoCAD 2004, Mentor Graphics Design Architect CAD, and Solidworks.