Military resume samples > Background Investigator resume template
1234 Any Street, Silver Spring, MD 20905 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | email@example.com
High-performing Background Investigator with seven years of experience in government and military operations, including three years direct background investigating experience. Proven record of conducting 900+ Federal Personnel Security Background Investigations adhering to Office of Personnel Management (OPM) standards and regulations. Superior ability to work independently, demonstrate integrity, and submit quality reports on time. Willing to travel.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Background Investigations||National Security Initiatives|
|Case Management||Intelligence Techniques|
|Report Writing||Research and Analysis|
|Problem Solving Skills||Interpersonal & Organizational Skills|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE PR Date: March 2010
OPM-Credentialed Background Investigator
KEYPOINT GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS, Washington, DC 2010 – Present
- Conduct 25+ Federal Personnel Security Background Investigations on a monthly basis on behalf of OPM.
- Review detailed records and perform thorough analysis to resolve 100% material issues and ascertain background, reputation, character, suitability, and qualifications of each subject.
- Conduct comprehensive on-site interviews with subjects, employers, associates, references, and other individuals to complete investigations.
- Draft thorough documentation and create detailed investigative reports adhering to OPM regulations.
- Collect and collate information from a variety of sources, while meeting strict deadlines.
UNITED STATES ARMY, Fort Benning, GA, Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan 2006 – 2010
- Managed combat weapons, including rifles and armored vehicles, worth $30M+ during 13-month deployment to Afghanistan in 2009 – 2010 supporting Operation Enduring Freedom; participated in 120+ reconnaissance missions during entire length of deployment.
- Completed 12-month combat deployment to Iraq supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2007 – 2008, participating in 100+ reconnaissance missions supporting counterinsurgency operations.
- Served as team leader of 30-member section infantry unit during annual fire team drills; completed 100% training without incident, leading to fully-qualified unit and increased operational readiness.
- Completed 14-week Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training Courses at Fort Benning, GA.
WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY, Wichita, KS
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).