Military resume samples > Data Scientist resume template
Providence, Rhode Island
Designer, builder and manager of Big Data infrastructures
A collaborative engineering professional with substantial experience designing and executing solutions for complex business problems involving large scale data warehousing, real-time analytics and reporting solutions. Known for using the right tools when and where they make sense and creating an intuitive architecture that helps organizations effectively analyze and process terabytes of structured and unstructured data.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Modeling and Design||Statistical / Predictive Modeling|
|Data Warehousing||Data Analytics|
|Big Data Processing||Machine Learning|
|Data Transformation||Web Services|
Skills and Tools
- Hive, Hadoop Streaming, R, SPSS, SAS, MATLAB.
- MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, CouchDB, Vertica, and Teradata.
- DataStage, SSIS, and Scripting; Linux/UNIX Commands.
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE Investigation Date January 2020)
Mission Essential 2019-Present
Big Data Engineer
- Support the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (MCIA) in Science & Technological Intelligence analysis of foreign basic and applied engineering of emerging and disruptive technologies. Work within a team of data scientists, working with unstructured and structured data. Main tasks include Data Triage, Data Modeling, Data Cleansing Data Staging and ETL.
- Designed a large data warehouse, designed and developed a Big Data analytics platform for processing using Java, Hadoop, Hive and Pig.
- Integrated Hadoop into traditional ETL, accelerating the extraction, transformation, and loading of massive structured and unstructured data.
Big Data Analyst
Supported an Intelligence Community client, leading the data analysis and big data projects. Worked with large data-sets to provide real time value to ongoing mission support staff.
- Collected and analyze datasets, created metrics dashboards, and proposed process improvements based on analytic findings.
- Used advanced software programs, algorithms, queries and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets
- Identified insights and communicated recommendations.
- Supported the development of information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries.
- Maintained awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
United States Army 2005-2015
Geospatial Engineer (MOS 12Y)
Extracted geographic data from satellite imagery, aerial photography, and field reconnaissance and use that data to create maps. Prepared briefs covering all aspects of the terrain. Other duties:
- Created and maintained geospatial databases.
- Created and collected geographic data and compiled it into maps
- Helped commanders visualize the battlefield by preparing military briefs covering all aspects of the terrain
Education and Training
George Mason University, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
Big Data University, Hadoop and SQL Training
TDWI, Courses in Data Warehousing and Architecture