Military resume samples > Communications/Electronics Technician resume template
1234 Any Street, New London, CT 06320 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
Analytical Communications Electronics Technician with over four years of experience and expertise in installing, maintaining, repairing, and modifying complex communications and navigation equipment worth $30M+. Proven record of troubleshooting equipment failures to determine deficiencies and recommend upgrades. Detail-oriented and highly-focused on providing effective timely solutions.
|Core Competencies include:|
| Electronic Systems Installation|| Systems Testing and Configuration|
| Schematic Diagram Drawing|| Systems Integration|
| OSHA Compliance|| Troubleshooting / Problem Solving|
CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE PR Date: June 2009
SAIC, Mystic, CT 2013 – Present
Communications Technician Training Specialist II
- Oversee cable communications fabrications, setup, operation, and maintenance for team of nine technicians working on $30M+ government contract.
- Train technicians on how to evaluate system vulnerability in order to recommend security improvements.
- Perform system diagnostic testing to identify, troubleshoot, and fix defective system components, including multi-pin and RF/coaxial connectors, as well as Category 5/twisted pair cables.
- Conduct ongoing functional analysis and system inspections for system upgrade recommendations and system modification installations.
UNITED STATES NAVY, Great Lakes, IL and Groton, CT 2009 – 2013
- Performed system upgrades, troubleshot component failures, and installed approved system modifications to navigation systems, radar systems, and interior communication alarm circuits, including Trident II D5 Backfit, Voyage Management System (VMS), and AN/BPS-15J, aboard Virginia-class submarines.
- Drafted detailed technical documentation, reference guides, and equipment integration work instructions.
- Integrated and tested new equipment, performed failure data reporting, and provided ongoing technical support.
- Reviewed system drawings for electrical-mechanical prototype equipment to identify errors and recommend alterations.
- Successfully completed Basic Enlisted Submarine School and Apprentice Technical Training School.
ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
Associate of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Visio.