Military resume samples > Contracts Administrator / Acquisition Specialist resume template
1234 Any Street, Kirby, TX 77005 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR / ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Highly-motivated Contracts Administrator / Acquisition Specialist with more than seven years of experience in government procurement, regulations, policies, and procedures. Proven record of negotiating, managing, executing, and settling contracts worth $16B. Superior ability to collaborate with senior military personnel, logisticians, cost analysts, and systems engineers while utilizing and tailoring automated acquisition source selection tools for specific acquisition directives.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Government Acquisition||Contracts Management|
|Cost Analysis||Lifecycle Documentation|
|Logistics / Supply Management||Contract Settlement|
|Negotiation Skills||Platform Integration|
|Interpersonal Skills||Organizational Skills|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE PR Date: November 2009
DAWIA Level III Acquisition Professional Certification
KFORCE GOVERNMENT SOLUTIONS, San Antonio, TX 2009 – Present
Lead Acquisition Analyst
- Implement automated and electronic change management, configuration control, and archive procedures for systems and develop configuration items, such as software code, documentation, drawings, specifications, and associated documentation for contracts worth $16B+.
- Oversee three Junior Acquisition Analysts to ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, format, and style.
- Research and analyze factors, including current market conditions and costs, related to acquisition planning to produce detailed briefs.
- Manage 400+ federal background check submissions and track ongoing investigations with DSS each year to ensure personnel are hired with proper clearances in a timely manner.
- Conduct initial indoctrination training and security presentations on a monthly basis and oversee annual security refresher briefing for all personnel.
- Create policy manuals, acquisition plans, source selection plans, test master plans, security documentation, and model contracts as needed for each contract.
CACI, Fort Hood, TX 2006 – 2009
Contracts Administrator / Acquisition Specialist
- Managed complex contracts worth $650M+ for onsite Army Program Office supporting major weapons systems’ research and development.
- Performed in-depth technical market research and analyzed past performance to prepare acquisition planning recommendations and cost analysis for eight Program and Contracting Managers.
- Drafted contracts and created, documented, and revised acquisition plans, policy procedures, and best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Provided monthly and quarterly reports to senior management focused on integration of acquisition lifecycle, including basic research to production and test.
- Provided training to new personnel during monthly new employee security briefings, ensuring accurate and timely completion of security paperwork.
- Reviewed all settlement files on a regular basis to ensure appropriate documentation provided; prepared documentation and negotiated final settlement and collection of payment for each contract.
Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in Acquisition and Contracts Management
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook), IBM Rational ClearQuest, and ClearCase.