Military resume samples > Facility Security Officer resume template
1234 Any Street, Ashburn, VA 20147 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
FACILITY SECURITY OFFICER
Highly-motivated Facility Security Officer with more than eight years of experience in facility security management. Proven record of administering United States government security policies and procedures and managing Defense Security Service annual inspections achieving highest rating. Superior ability to oversee safety program, prepare DD254 forms accurately, and process, track, and maintain personnel security clearances, ensuring fully secure environment.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Security Administration||Safety Training|
|Facility Security||Access / Visitor Control|
|Security Program Evaluation||Risk Analysis|
|Security Awareness||Problem Solving Skills|
|Problem Solving Skills||Interpersonal Skills|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TOP SECRET CLEARANCE PR Date: May 2009
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
FACILITY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES, INC., Sterling, VA 2008 – Present
Director of Training (2011 – Present)
- Direct $1.2M in-house Security Education Program for 850+ personnel, ensuring overall safe conditions and physical wellbeing of all personnel.
- Lead Defense Security Service (DSS) annual inspection by providing oversight to facility staff and serving as main point of contact for DSS.
- Oversee all mid- and senior-level leadership training nationwide, consisting of 4K+ managers.
- Manage 400+ federal background check submissions and track ongoing investigations with DSS each year to ensure personnel are hired with proper clearances in a timely manner.
- Conduct initial indoctrination training and security presentations on a monthly basis and oversee annual security refresher briefing for all personnel.
- Conducted 10+ Six Sigma programs resulting in $150K+ savings and increased security program from marginal to exceptional rating within first year as Director of Training.
Facility Security Officer (2008 – 2010)
- Prepared DD254 forms for subcontractors and coordinated visitor request paperwork, ensuring 100% accuracy and completeness.
- Submitted and processed 15+ personnel security clearances via e-Qip system on a monthly basis.
- Managed onsite paper and electronic security records by providing ongoing maintenance and performing annual records audit; ensured all security documentation and files maintained in accordance with DSS requirements.
- Served as initial point of contact for 30+ off-site contractor facilities during security clearance process; kept facilities updated on clearance process and resolved 100% processing issues.
- Provided training to new personnel during monthly new employee security briefings, ensuring accurate and timely completion of security paperwork.
- Assisted with paperwork administration and organization of files for annual DSS inspection; received Superior rating for all inspections.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, McConnell Air Force Base, KS 2005 – 2008
Assistant Operations Officer
- Presented quarterly safety briefs to 150+ member squadron, including operational security awareness, disaster planning, crew coordination, aircraft systems safety, and facility procedures.
- Processed and tracked 20+ work requests for civilian contractors on a monthly basis, ensuring work requests assigned to proper contractor.
- Administered LEAN inspection process improvement for four areas, including facility management, maintenance control, occupational health, and schedule writing.
- Coordinated with air traffic control, pilots, engineers to ensure safe operating environment during major airfield construction overhaul project, leading to 100% flight completion rate without incident.
Bachelor of Science in Security Management
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-Qip) system.