Military resume samples > Information Security Engineer resume template
1234 Patriot Drive Lee’s Point, MO 64081 ● 123-456-7891 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER
- Top Secret cleared Information Security Engineer proficient at providing systems security support to fast-paced, highly demanding federal agencies including the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Military veteran with extensive experience implementing regulatory compliance measures and vulnerability tools combined with a strong knowledge of computer network defense auditing and information assurance.
- Proven ability to establish effective rapport and communicate with all levels of superiors, colleagues and clients.
|Intrusion Detection Systems||Antivirus Software|
|Regulatory Compliance||Firewalls & Risk Analysis|
|Authentication Systems||Log management & Content Filtering|
|DoD 8500 & 8570 Controls & DIACAP||NIST Controls & NERC Regulations|
|Nessus, ArcSight & Retina||Wireshark, Snort, ELSA & Security Onion|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
CompTIA A+ Certification
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) – EC-Council, 2009
NORTHROP GRUMMAN, Kansas City, MO 2009 – Present
Monitor security measures for firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and content filtering to ensure the protection of computer systems, networks and information. Perform bi-weekly network scans. Analyze risks and automate repeatable tasks. Prepare and document reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and vulnerability metrics. Create incident tickets for mitigation by operations team.
- Safely directed the company’s security infrastructure through multiple expansion projects during a growth period from 110 employees to 650 employees within a 2 ½ year span.
- Trained and mentored 20+ IT specialists in career development as well as cloud and smarter infrastructure technologies.
SMARTRONIX, Lenexa, KS 2006 – 2009
Computer Network Defense / Assurance Engineer
Evaluated and recommended the acquisition, implementation and dissemination of IT security tools, procedures and practices to protect information assets by minimizing security risks and threats. Researched, recommended and implemented data and network security projects to enhance overall security posture. Managed, configured and maintained McAfee Sidewinder firewalls including creating, integrating and testing firewall database policies.
- Reduced 90% overall network bandwidth and allowed mission essential applications to be used during normal working hours at their maximum potential by configuring web filtering devices.
- Assisted with the analysis of network digital media including workstations, servers, routers, switches, firewalls and intrusion detection systems to detect ongoing incidents and prevent future incidents by applying defense-in-depth mechanisms.
ManTech International, Overland Park, KS 2002 – 2006
Senior Information Security Analyst
Defined, documented and implemented information security policies and procedures. Assessed security on existing and proposed applications, systems and databases identifying security risks and confirming compliance. Developed an Employee Security Awareness Program and incident response plan. Collaborated with internal departments to analyze and reduce risks, define disaster recovery and business continuity plans and ensure project deliverables are deployed securely and on time.
- Reduced hacking threats by improving network system security with two redundant firewalls including antivirus and intrusion prevention systems on all servers and PCs. Received excellent results on annual security penetration audits performed by an independent firm.
- Chosen to participate as an organization Change Control Board member, discussing issues that affect the overall network and system enclave in regards to technical change and policy.
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY, Springfield, MO
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems