Military resume samples > ISD resume template
1234 Any Street, Springfield, VA 22151 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cleared Training and Education professional with military and private sector experience, and mission critical instructional design and delivery to Department of Defense (DOD), Intelligence Community (IC), and commercial entities. Proven record of administering daily program operations and developing innovative ways to increase efficiency in systems. Highly focused and results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations. Knowledgeable about instructional design process, building a foundation of best practices for the analysis design, development, implementation and evaluation of instruction.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Curriculum Design/Development||Project Management|
|Writing and editing||Program Evaluation|
|Training||Research and Analysis|
|Organizational Skills||Problem Solving|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE PR Date: November 2023
Instructional System Designer
- Provide support for the design and development of evaluation and student assessment programs for foundational and specialty training programs that support three courses of study.
- Provide technical support to SMEs and instructors for the implementation of the updated curriculum concepts and plans.
- Review, update, refine, and apply newly established competency requirements to create an efficient sequence of courses and activities that incorporate proven technical training methods through web-based learning designs.
- Design and develop evaluation concepts, scope, and tools, analyze findings and report trends to the customer.
- Provide recommended modifications to the customer to validate content and to ensure students are meeting expected outcomes.
- Consult with instructors and SMEs to determine instructional requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions.
- Design and develop new learner activities and exercises including technical training methods into approved training concepts.
- Work closely with SMEs and instructors to review and revise training materials including lesson plans, student guides, online content, job aids,
- Review overall program and implement revisions to ensure all training fits together in a clear and consistent manner.
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY, Army Medical Command, 2010-2017
Instructional Systems Specialist
- Analyzed, designed, developed, implemented, and evaluated military and/or civilian medical health occupational specialty area.
- Determined principles and practices to apply in all phases of assignments to include degree of intensity, and depth of research in management advisories.
- Incorporated principles of the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation process for educational and training development projects from initial planning through completion.
- Analyzed existing lessons, target audience characteristics, media characteristics, and training level requirements, to recommend the appropriate instructional development strategy.
United States Navy, Quantico, VA, 2006 – 2010
Instructional Systems Designer
- Analyzed, designed, developed, reviewed and evaluated courses and course material for a variety of law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Conducted research to evaluate, validate and determine the efficiency of various Navy instructional systems.
- Developed and evaluated guidelines regarding for the analysis, design and development of Navy training curriculum.
- Acted as a liaison with a variety of training and education program representatives to determine internal milestones and program goals to further program development.
- Provided written assessments to be used in formulating recommendations for course curricula and training materials.
Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA, Bachelor of Science in Communication, 2005
James Madison University, Harrisonburg VA, Master of Science in Applied Intelligence, 2013
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), and multi-media design programs (Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver)