Military resume samples > Linguist resume template
1234 Any Street, Pensacola, FL 32514 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Analytical Linguist with over six years of experience and expertise in Arabic and French open source translation, interpretation, and analysis for intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance programs. Proven record of transcribing printed and audio material, analyzing open source media outlets, and preparing written assessments on trends while ensuring clarity and grammatical accuracy. Ability to understand context and nuances of various Arabic dialects, including Iraqi, Syrian, Lebanese, and Egyptian, in order to provide regional, cultural, and analytical expertise for intelligence assessment support and related threat activities.
|Core Competencies include:
|Translation / Transcription
|Open Source Research
|Reporting / Briefing Skills
|Fluent (Speaking/Reading/Writing) in English/French/Arabic
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE (Prior Full-Scope Polygraph) PR Date: Nov 2009
U.S. Defense Language Institute (DLI) 3/3-Level Proficiency in Modern Standard Arabic
SAIC, Pensacola, FL 2011 – Present
Senior Arabic Analyst
- Conduct open source research, translation, and interpretation of more than 20 Arabic and French foreign documents on a weekly basis for Naval Education and Training Security Assistance Field Activity (NETSAFA) using diverse research systems in order to provide advanced analysis in response to specific threats.
- Serve as an Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Arabic Analyst to interpret and translate passages difficult to understand due to complex nature of various Arabic dialects, including Iraqi, Syrian, Lebanese, and Egyptian.
- Draft reports and abstracts after analyzing valuable foreign open source media outlets and various social media engines in order to facilitate detection of cyber threats and provide incident reports based on emerging threats.
- Perform summaries, extracts, full and verbatim transcripts, and translations of audio and written materials, ensuring preservation of nuances and sublets of original text.
- Translate, transcribe, and analyze work of foreign media and foreign language audio files in Arabic and French.
BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON, INC., Quantico, VA 2008 – 2010
Linguist / Social Media Analyst
- Tracked and analyzed more than 30 regional blog sites and open source data on military systems within Joint Special Operations Task Force – Trans Sahara (JSOTF-TS) area of responsibility (AOR) in order to provide current and future threat analysis.
- Ensured translation accuracy and performed in-depth cultural consideration on critical communications within the North Africa region.
- Oversaw junior linguist’s transcribed and translated material, ensuring clear and accurate content, and maintained quality control for all translations used for daily content posted to clients’ websites.
- Utilized predictive analysis and tracked key communication to map influence and identify media trends within AOR.
- Collaborated with team of six linguists to maintain database of translated Arabic source material.
U.S. AIR FORCE OFFICE OF SPECIAL INVESTIGATION (OSI), Undisclosed Location 2007-2008
Linguist / Locally Employed Personnel (LEP) Screening Assistant
- Served six-month contract with U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigation (OSI), performing open source investigation and screening on more than 125 candidates seeking employment and access to undisclosed U.S. Air Force installation.
- Provided interpretation services and aided with security investigative questioning and candidate evaluations for 15 – 20 LEP security interviews each week.
- Operated recording equipment and scanned data in order to assist with monitoring candidates.
- Translated intermediate-to-advanced-level periodicals and technical manuals from Arabic to English as needed.
OHIO UNIVERSITY, Athens, OH
Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics with a minor in Arabic Language
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), AGTK: Annotation Graph Toolkit, TACTWeb, TIGERSearch, and Lexis-Nexis.