Military resume samples > Malware Analyst resume template
123 Newberry Drive, Lee, VA ● 123-456-7890 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Malware Analyst with over a decade of experience in the examination, identification and understanding of cyber threats such as viruses, worms, bots, rootkits and Trojan horses.
- Proactive in preventing and containing malware infestation to protect network software and hardware integrity as well as proprietary data.
- Proficient with interpreted and compiled programming languages with a keen understanding of both reverse engineering and software development to recover any potential damage.
- Honed leadership skills developed through numerous supervisory positions within the intelligence community and collaborations with Department of Defense (DoD) organizations.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Computer Forensic and Malware Analyst||Vulnerability Research|
|Reverse Engineering||Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)|
|Technical Writing||Information Operations|
|Intel X86 Assembly Language||Windows Kernel Debugging (Windbg)|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE (Prior Full-Scope Polygraph) PR Date: Dec 2014
CERTIFIED COMPUTER FORENSICS EXAMINER (CCFE) – Infosec Institute, 2009
CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER (CEH) – EC-Council, 2010
CSC, Manassas, VA 2011 – Present
Analyze malicious code by conducting reverse engineering techniques and employing tools and scripting languages as well as virtual machine and networking software. Identify the methodology of hackers posing a potential threat to customer networks and systems. Document results in time-sensitive reports, presentations and analyst exchanges.
- Selected to lead a cross-functional government contractor team to develop and implement system software and policies to upgrade network security. Finished project on budget and on time, ensuring compatibility with the fast-paced civilian sector.
- Developed a reputation for proactively researching high impact, emerging and complex malware threats to enact safeguards prior to possible infection.
RAYTHEON, Alexandria, VA 2008 – 2011
Forensic & Malware Analyst
Performed computer forensics including detailed technical analysis and reverse engineering of malware, malicious code and media such as hard drives and USB drives of compromised systems in support of Army Computer Network Operations (CNO) and Computer Network Defense (CND) efforts. Drafted technical reports detailing analysis results to US Army staff and leadership.
- Analyzed over seventy pieces of malicious software utilized to attack and exfiltrate data from systems operating on the Department of Defense’s Global Information Grid.
- Supported the DOD Computer Network Defense Mission by authoring vital forensics and malware technical analysis reports.
KMPG, Bethesda, MD 2006 – 2008 Incident Response Analyst
Responded to enterprise computer security incidents, recording and reporting incidents through monitoring and analysis of IDS. Communicated intrusion alerts and compromises of network infrastructure, applications and operating systems to appropriate agencies. Created and maintained standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other similar documentation.
- Implemented daily systems health checks as preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
- Ensured the integrity and protection of networks, systems and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security and policies.
PREVIOUS POSITIONS as Vulnerability Researcher and Security Analyst for Conway, Inc.
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY, Fairfax, VA
Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science