Military resume samples > Military Software Engineer resume template
1234 Any Street, Clarksburg, WV 26301 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | email@example.com
Military Software Engineer
Military Software Engineer with over six years of experience and expertise in computer engineering, information assurance, threat mitigation, software development, and interface design within U.S. Department of Defense setting. Proven record of creating, implementing, and analyzing system requirements, coordinating cross-platform development, and troubleshooting internet-based and open-source applications. Self-starter and results-oriented with excellent ability to collaborate with team of development programmers and engineers.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Software Development||Information Assurance|
|Systems Life Cycle||Design Programming|
|Project Management||Risk Management|
|Emerging Technologies||Problem Solving|
CURRENT TOP SECRET/ SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (TS/SCI) CLEARANCE (With Full Scope Polygraph)
(Single Scope Polygraph) PR Date: January 2014
Certifications: Security+, Server+, CMMI L5, A+, CISSP, CEH
Programs: C/C++, Java, JMS, JDBC, JAXB, JUnit, Linux, Apache, SOAP, Spring Framework, Hibernate
Application Services: HTTP, FTP, SMTP, .Net, SQL Server, MySQL, OpenGL
Routing Services:DHCP, DNS, NIPR, SIPR
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Linux, Unix
Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS
THE MITRE CORPORATION, Clarksburg, WV 2011 – Present
Lead Software Developer / Project Manager
- Lead large-scale transactional software application design and development using Java, Java Message Service (JMS), Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB), JUnit, Hibernate, Spring Framework, Apache ActiveMQ, and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)..
- Oversee four software developers and track all development projects to ensure designs completed within scope of $29M U.S. Army contract.
- Design encryption and decryption codes for open source intelligence tools and biometrics detection and recognition systems, including face, fingerprint, palm, and iris, to ensure system reliability.
- Create and implement new software development practices, including continuous integration, improved version control procedures, and style standardization.
L3 STRATIS, Taloqan, Afghanistan 2010 – 2011
Information Assurance Manager, Special Projects Division
- Managed Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) for U.S. Army equipment valued at $6B+.
- Coordinated with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and intelligence and signal elements to implement and enforce policy hardening via Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance.
- Conducted intrusion detection system scans and developed incident reports and technical summaries from vulnerability assessments on a weekly basis.
- Created automated information system plans and requirements and collaborated with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
RAYTHEON, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait 2007 – 2009
Cyber Center Systems Analyst, Network Operations and Information Solutions Division
- Oversaw engineering, integration, maintenance, and operations of Tier 1 & 2 Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure on Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPR) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPR) utilized by Department of Defense personnel within southwest Asia area of responsibility.
- Served as technical point of contact for U.S. Central Command .mil domains, networks, and registered hosts.
- Analyzed system downtimes, user interfaces, workload and computer usage, and proposed system modifications to ensure feasibility of all system upgrades.
- Collaborated with team of four programmers to develop program specifications and system requirements while maintaining situational awareness and command and control to mitigate uninterrupted network availability.
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, Springfield, IL
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science