Military resume samples > Program Manager resume template
1234 Any Street, Houston, TX 77037 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Program Manager with over ten years of experience and expertise in overseeing government acquisition, test and evaluation, and systems integration programs valued up to $65 million. Proven record of managing program life cycle from system design through integration, test planning, and verification via requirements-based execution, quantitative risk management, and formal change management techniques. Exceptional ability to lead cross-functional teams in order to identify program capabilities, assess resources, and collaborate with personnel ensuring projects delivered on time and within scope of budget.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Project Management||Contract Administration|
|Resource Allocation||Military Acquisitions|
|Change Management||Scheduling / Logistics|
|Strategic Planning||Program Evaluation|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE PR Date: Feb 2010
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Project Management Institute
Contracting Officer Certification, Defense Acquisition University
CSC, Houston, TX April 2010 – March 2013
- Managed various classified software development projects worth up to $65 million.
- Utilized waterfall and Rapid Application Development (RAD) / Joint Application Design (JAD) methodologies from initial estimate to closeout in order to optimize delivery and increase communication on all projects.
- Facilitated vital Executed Agency Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) decision making, ensuring validation and execution of all essential personnel processes, procedures, functions, and results in the event of an emergency.
- Created Requirements Traceability and Verification Matrix (RVTM) for all projects to ensure system design functioned correctly.
- Received 2012 CSC Outstanding Employee Award for Excellence in Program/Project Management.
LOCKHEED MARTIN, Bethesda, MD August 2007 – April 2010
- Oversaw Integrated Product Team (IPT) utilizing Total Quality Management (TQM) initiatives to achieve on-time performance outcomes for Department of Defense acquisition projects worth $60 million.
- Served as lead for personnel recruitment and development for more than 20 Project Management Office (PMO) support staff within department, ensuring organizational conflict of interest and non-disclosure briefing conducted during on-boarding process.
- Conducted system requirements studies, capabilities, and limitations assessments for program office in order to analyze system performance, assess system documentation and interfaces, and evaluate system improvements.
- Implemented change management processes by introducing new tool to conduct financial analysis and reporting.
- Executed new contract actions, reviewed statements of work, updated task orders and basis of estimates, and entered budget modifications into Costpoint, ensuring accurate flow of contractual information to all PMO staff.
- Created bi-monthly technical project status reports detailing project labor and monthly cost / performance status.
UNITED STATES NAVY, Chantilly, VA June 2003 – July 2007
Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) Contract Specialist
- Managed $12.6 million Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) contracts supporting test and evaluation for associated Program Management Activity (PMA) Office.
- Analyzed GFE contracts and delivery status on a daily basis by utilizing Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) to track all GFE contracts modifications; alerted program office of late deliveries to resolve contract issues.
- Researched production costs and provided detailed documentation strategies in order to ensure program sustainability and reduce program costs.
- Prepared monthly reports and provided comprehensive metrics to Program Manager on a monthly basis.
- Approved all subcontractor invoices and material purchases from vendors, maintaining 100% accuracy with contract files.
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Cambridge, MA
Executive Master of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO – DENVER, Denver, CO
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Project Management Institute, Member
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Costpoint, and Wide Area Workflow.