Military resume samples > Technical Writer resume template
1234 Any Street, Poulsbo, WA 98370 | Cell: (123) 456-7890 | email@example.com
Detail-oriented Technical Writer with over seven years of experience and expertise in creating and editing technical documentation in accordance with Department of Defense directives. Prior United States Navy Project Engineer with direct experience writing technical contract proposals for federal government projects. Proven record of developing clear and concise documents and accurately proofreading and editing material. Superior grammatical skills and ability to manage multiple projects while ensuring on-time delivery.
|Core Competencies include:|
|Technical Writing||Contract Development|
|Research & Analysis||Interpersonal Communication|
|Database Management||Organizational Skills|
CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE PR Date: June 2012
MANTECH, Silverdale, WA 2012 – Present
Lead Technical Writer
- Document, organize, and maintain full lifecycle design, development, and deployment information from multiple sources to create technical documentation for mission-critical software applications.
- Lead proposal development efforts by conceptualizing, reviewing, and approving project plans, developing high-quality technical proposals, and creating cash flow analysis to track spending, ensuring budgeted manpower hours fall within scope of contract.
- Proofread and refine contractual deliverables, including monthly status reports, for 10-15 ongoing contracts.
- Create and edit information systems documentation, after-action reports, and standard operating procedures relating to contract-related IT program deliverables.
- Assist human resources department with contractor sourcing and staffing efforts for contract placement and bids; draft task orders and manage contractor onboarding process.
- Conduct extensive internet and marketing research for internal corporate projects, including multi-layered infrastructure and network administration.
SAIC, Seattle, WA 2010 – 2012
Technical Writer, Access Control Division
- Composed technical reports and user reference manuals and evaluated text, layout, charts, and graphics, ensuring clarity and consistency throughout documents.
- Created, proofread, and maintained division’s standard operating procedures and section of corporate website for grammatical errors, accuracy, and inconsistencies.
- Interviewed 35 subject-matter experts and edited 125+ resumes for $8M proposal effort.
- Served as Department of Homeland Security liaison, ensuring all inquiries regarding Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) were accommodated; completed weekly reports and entered information into detailed spreadsheets.
- Checked and tracked personnel clearance levels using Integrated Security Management System (ISMS).
- Provided administrative support to five executive staff members as needed, including creating customer feedback surveys utilizing Microsoft InfoPath.
UNITED STATES NAVY, Bremerton, WA and St. Marys, GA 2006 – 2010
- Conducted classified software systems testing with team of nine engineers and technicians.
- Researched and analyzed technical information to compile information systems documentation utilizing proper technical terminology.
- Reviewed, edited, formatted, finalized, and published system administration manuals, reference manuals, installation guides, training manuals, and standard operating procedures.
- Translated and standardized technical information to compose clear, readable documents, ensuring ease of reading by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Evaluated and maintained documents to ensure compliance with technical requirements, including system capabilities, deficiencies, and performance.
- Organized and maintained internal information systems documentation library in SharePoint.
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY, Harrisonburg, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), SharePoint, InfoPath, Visio, Oracle PeopleSoft, Photoshop, Salesforce, and Adobe Acrobat.